At its Seventh Meeting, the Anti-corruption Committee held a consultative hearing of Director of the Agency for Prevention of Corruption Sreten Radonjić on the topic: “Progress in the fight against corruption and an overview of the observation of local elections for the Local Assembly of the Old Royal Capital of Cetinje, local assemblies of Mojkovac and Petnjica and the Local Assembly of Tuzi within the Capital City”.
It was assessed that:
* the Agency for Prevention of Corruption regularly performed oversight of the implementation of obligations prescribed by the Law on Financing of Political Entities and Election Campaigns, Law on Election of Councillors and MPs, and Law on Prevention of Corruption;
* with its proactive approach and preventive activities, the Agency for Prevention of Corruption ensured that all local budget units fulfilled their obligations, i.e. prohibitions and limitations, i.e. full transparency was in the use of public resources in the election campaign was ensured,
* no complaints were submitted by the citizens, non-governmental sector and other public stakeholders during the election campaign for local elections held on 26 November 2017,
* no misuse of public resources was noted during the election campaign for the local elections held on 26 November 2017,
* the Agency for Prevention of Corruption regularly participated in amending the electoral legislation, primarily by participating in the Working Group which was formed with the task of analysing the implementation of the electoral legislation, and
* it was necessary to establish legal and judicial practice in the field of election campaigns aimed at strengthening the legislative process.